Early Assurance as an Undergraduate
Secure a seat in pharmacy school as a college sophomore
Interested in becoming a pharmacist and want to secure your seat in pharmacy school? Apply to NEOMED during your second year of undergraduate study (sophomore). In doing so, you can have a reserved seat awaiting you in NEOMED’s College of Pharmacy upon completion of required coursework at the undergraduate institution.
This path is great for students looking for some flexibility while still having the benefit of provisional admission.
Who Should Apply?
The Early Assurance pathway to pharmacy school at NEOMED for undergraduate students is designed for those who know they wish to pursue a career in pharmacy. Successful candidates may benefit from reserving a seat in pharmacy school. Students that have been enrolled at an undergraduate college or university for at least one year following high school and who have obtained sophomore status by completing at least three semesters are encouraged to apply. Our typical applicants include:
- Students committed to pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy degree through a clear and easy-to-understand path
- Second year college students who discovered their interest in pharmacy school after starting college
Application Eligibility Guidelines
Undergraduate Early Assurance applicants should:
- Apply by February 1 of their sophomore year of undergrad with intent to enroll at NEOMED after one additional year of study for a 3+4 enrollment model or two additional years of study for a 4+4 program of study.
- Complete eight hours of science major track biology sequence with a lab prior to application (Biology I and II)
- Complete eight hours of science major track chemistry sequence with a lab prior to application (Chemistry I and II)
- Have no grade lower than a C- in above required courses
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.2
- Have a science GPA of at least 3.2 as determined by PharmCAS standards
- Have no grade lower than a “C” in any math, biology or chemistry course completed to date; Repeated courses second grade is considered
Required Application Materials
Each undergraduate early assurance pharmacy applicants should:
- Complete the PharmDirect application
- Complete a successful candidate interview at NEOMED. Interviews are by invitation only.
Upon acceptance as a provisionally admitted student to the NEOMED Doctor of Pharmacy program, students will have a seat reserved for them as a first-year pharmacy student at NEOMED. These students will matriculate to NEOMED if all promotion requirements, subject to additional professional behavior guidelines, are met.
The College of Pharmacy requires that provisionally admitted students must:
- Follow all application procedures following provisional admission
- Continue to attend their undergraduate college or university and complete all required prerequisite coursework
- Maintain a minimum of a C grade or higher in all required prerequisite coursework, College Credit Plus and AP work may be used if determined acceptable by an undergraduate institution where credit is awarded.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2
- Have a Science GPA of at least 3.2
- Complete a mandatory co-curricular program of engagement with the NEOMED College of Pharmacy
- Take the PCAT (as of January 2017. Subject to revision.)
The College of Pharmacy Admission Committee will annually determine if a student will be promoted, retained, or dismissed from the program.
- February 1, 2017: Application deadline