Doctor of Pharmacy
Apply to obtain your Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Interested in becoming a pharmacist who plays an indispensable role in a team-oriented approach to patient care and medication management therapy services?
- Are you looking to complete your Pharm.D. at a program that prepares you to practice at the top of your license?
- Are you searching for a program that consistently boasts some of the highest NAPLEX passage rates in the nation year after year?
Who Should Apply?
Students should consider applying as they near completion of our 63 specified hours of prerequisite undergraduate coursework, which must be completed prior to matriculation. Though students who already have a bachelor’s degree may apply, a bachelor’s degree is not required for admission.
Our typical applicants include:
- students looking to serve as leaders in the field of community pharmacy
- students interested in pursuing post-graduate residencies leading toward clinical positions
- students who have worked as pharmacy technicians or in other health care settings
Approximately three-quarters of our applicants are from outside of Ohio, forming a national candidate pool. NEOMED encourages applications from Ohio and beyond.
Candidates from northeast Ohio are strongly encouraged to pursue Early Decision or Early Assurance Program opportunities, and to take advantage of the partnership programs listed below.
NEOMED offers preferential interview consideration to students who apply from our partner universities and from NOCHE universities. These students should apply either Early Decision (strongly encouraged), or Regular Decision by no later than October 1st to receive preferential consideration.
Partner colleges include:
- Cleveland State University
- Kent State University
- The University of Akron
- Youngstown State University
Universities of the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE):
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C)
- Hiram College
- John Carroll University
- Lake Erie College
- Lakeland Community College (LCC)
- Lorain County Community College (LCCC)
- Malone University
- Stark State University
- University of Mount Union
- Ursuline College
- Walsh University
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that Doctor of Pharmacy applicants:
- Present an overall college GPA of at least 2.5 for interview consideration (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Present a science GPA of at least 2.5 (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Earn no grade lower than a C- in any course intended to fulfill a prerequisite requirement.
- Complete the required 63 semester hours of prerequisite coursework prior to matriculating. Candidates are encouraged to apply for admission early and interview while prerequisite coursework is in progress.
- Demonstrate interest in the pharmacy profession through extracurricular activities, employment, or volunteer experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities.
- Completed Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) application
- NEOMED does not require a supplemental application for our Pharmacy program
- NEOMED is a PCAT optional program. The PCAT is no longer required for admission consideration (effective 2017-2018).
- June 3, 2019: PharmCAS application deadline for 2018-2019 application cycle
- September 3, 2019: Early Decision PharmCAS application deadline for 2019-2020 application cycle
- October 1, 2019: PharmCAS application due date for partner university consideration for 2019-2020 application cycle
- June 1, 2020: PharmCAS application deadline for 2019-2020 application cycle