Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Application
Who Should Apply?
Students from Ohio and all over the United States should consider applying as they near completion of our 60 specified hours of prerequisite undergraduate coursework, which must be completed prior to matriculation. Though students who already have a bachelor’s degree may apply, a bachelor’s degree is not required for admission.
Our typical applicants include:
- students looking to serve as leaders in the field of community pharmacy
- students interested in pursuing post-graduate residencies leading toward growing opportunities in clinical positions
- students who have worked as pharmacy technicians or in other health care settings
- students who have an interest in a professional health care career and are still exploring pharmacy may wish to apply to learn more about today’s career options for pharmacists
Approximately three-quarters of our applicants are from outside of Ohio, forming a national candidate pool. NEOMED encourages applications from Ohio and beyond. We encourage applications from non-resident students and offer competitive non-resident tuition and fees lower than many other comparable options.
Candidates from northeast Ohio are strongly encouraged to pursue Early Assurance Program opportunities to secure a future seat in a class while still in high school or starting college coursework.
NEOMED welcomes students from community colleges, colleges, and universities in Ohio and across the United States.
New for 2022: NEOMED now offers a full 3+4 articulation program with Kent State University. Kent State students may pursue a B.S. in Chemistry with a Biochemistry Concentration for three years at Kent State. Using NEOMED’s early assurance admission plan, Kent State students may matriculate to NEOMED and have NEOMED PharmD courses fulfil Kent State course requirements to earn their Kent State bachelor’s degree while earning their PharmD.
Questions about Kent State University Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) Doctor of Pharmacy Program can be directed to Enrollment Management Academic Partnerships: email@example.com.
Check back for more information soon as we collaborate with more regional schools to share course mapping to our preprofessional prerequisites and new articulation agreements featuring exclusive benefits for students from articulation partner community colleges, colleges, and universities.
Students with international coursework are welcome at NEOMED. Students who are US Citizens or US Permanent Residents who may have completed international work should be sure to include a W.E.S. evaluation along with the other required PharmCAS materials at the time of application.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that Doctor of Pharmacy applicants:
- Present an overall college GPA of at least 2.5 for interview consideration (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Present a science GPA of at least 2.5 (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Earn no grade lower than a C- in any course intended to fulfill a prerequisite requirement.
- Complete the required 63 semester hours of prerequisite coursework prior to matriculating. Candidates are encouraged to apply for admission early and interview while prerequisite coursework is in progress.
- Demonstrate interest in the pharmacy profession through extracurricular activities, employment, or volunteer experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities.
- Completed Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) application
- NEOMED does not require a supplemental application for our Pharmacy program
- NEOMED is a PCAT optional program. The PCAT is no longer required for admission consideration (effective 2017-2018).
For August 2022 Matriculation to NEOMED as a P1 Student
- July 14, 2021: PharmCAS opens to accept applications for the 2021-2022 application cycle
- October 1, 2021: Deadline for applicants holding pharmacy early assurance to apply on time to guarantee a reserved seat for 2022 admission
- June 1, 2022: PharmCAS application deadline for 2021-2022 application cycle