Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Application
Who Should Apply?
Students from Ohio and all over the United States should consider applying as they near completion of our 63 specified hours of prerequisite undergraduate coursework, which must be completed prior to matriculation. Though students who already have a bachelor’s degree may apply, a bachelor’s degree is not required for admission.
Our typical applicants include:
- students looking to serve as leaders in the field of community pharmacy
- students interested in pursuing post-graduate residencies leading toward growing opportunities in clinical positions
- students who have worked as pharmacy technicians or in other health care settings
Approximately three-quarters of our applicants are from outside of Ohio, forming a national candidate pool. NEOMED encourages applications from Ohio and beyond. We encourage applications from non-resident students and offer competitive non-resident tuition and fees lower than many other comparable options.
Candidates from northeast Ohio are strongly encouraged to pursue Early Assurance Program opportunities to secure a future seat in a class while still in high school or starting college coursework.
Northeast Ohio Partner Schools
NEOMED offers pharmacy admission to students from any regionally accredited community college, college, or university in the United States – not just the partner schools listed below. Students attending any school completing their prerequisite coursework may apply to NEOMED.
Preferential early interview consideration may be extended to students who apply from our partner universities in northeast Ohio. While the application deadline is June 1st, candidates for admission are encouraged to apply by October 15th of the preceding year to receive preferential interview consideration.
Northeast Ohio colleges and universities include:
- Cleveland State University
- Kent State University
- The University of Akron
- Youngstown State University
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C)
- Hiram College
- John Carroll University
- Lake Erie College
- Lakeland Community College (LCC)
- Lorain County Community College (LCCC)
- Malone University
- Stark State College
- University of Mount Union
- Ursuline College
- Walsh University
Students with international coursework are welcome at NEOMED. Students who are US Citizens or US Permanent Residents who may have completed international work should be sure to include a W.E.S. evaluation along with the other required PharmCAS materials at the time of application.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that Doctor of Pharmacy applicants:
- Present an overall college GPA of at least 2.5 for interview consideration (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Present a science GPA of at least 2.5 (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Earn no grade lower than a C- in any course intended to fulfill a prerequisite requirement.
- Complete the required 63 semester hours of prerequisite coursework prior to matriculating. Candidates are encouraged to apply for admission early and interview while prerequisite coursework is in progress.
- Demonstrate interest in the pharmacy profession through extracurricular activities, employment, or volunteer experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities.
- Completed Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) application
- NEOMED does not require a supplemental application for our Pharmacy program
- NEOMED is a PCAT optional program. The PCAT is no longer required for admission consideration (effective 2017-2018).
- P1 Seats are still available for 2021
- June 1, 2020: PharmCAS application deadline for 2019-2020 application cycle
- July 14, 2020: PharmCAS opens to accept applications for the 2020-2021 application cycle
- September 8, 2020: PharmCAS early decision deadline for 2020-2021 (applicants for 2021 admission holding pharmacy early assurance are encouraged to apply early decision)
- October 1, 2020: Deadline for applicants holding pharmacy early assurance to apply for 2021 admission
- June 1, 2021: Deadline for applicants holding pharmacy early assurance to apply for 2021 admission
- October 1, 2020: PharmCAS application due date for partner university consideration for 2020-2021 application cycle
- June 1, 2021: PharmCAS application deadline for 2020-2021 application cycle