Doctor of Pharmacy
Apply to obtain your Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Interested in becoming a pharmacist who plays an indispensable role in a team-oriented approach to patient care and medication management therapy services?
- Are you looking to complete your Pharm.D. at a program that prepares you to practice at the top of your license?
- Are you searching for program that consistently boasts some of the highest NAPLEX passage rates in the nation year after year?
Who Should Apply?
The traditional Doctor of Pharmacy Pathway to pharmacy school at NEOMED is designed for students who have either completed an entire baccalaureate degree program or who are completing the 63 semester hours of prerequisite coursework. A bachelor’s degree is not required for admission to NEOMED. Our typical applicants include:
- Students looking to serve as leaders in the field of community pharmacy.
- Students interested in pursuing post-graduate residencies leading toward clinical positions.
- Students that have worked as pharmacy technicians or in other health care settings prior to application.
Approximately three-quarters of our applicants are from outside of Ohio forming a national candidate pool. NEOMED encourages applications from Ohio and beyond.
For candidates from Ohio, NEOMED offers the following types of consideration. Candidates from northeast Ohio are strongly encouraged to pursue Early Decision or Early Assurance Program opportunities.
NEOMED offers preferential interview consideration is given to students from our partner universities who apply either Early Decision (strongly encouraged) or Regular Decision by no later than October 1st :
- Cleveland State University
- Kent State University
- The University of Akron
- Youngstown State University
Or from member universities of the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE):
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C)
- Hiram College
- John Carrol University
- Lake Erie College
- Lakeland Community College (LCC)
- Lorain County Community College (LCCC)
- Malone University
- Stark State University
- University of Mount Union
- Ursuline College
- Walsh University
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that Doctor of Pharmacy applicants:
- Present an overall college GPA of at least 2.5 for interview consideration (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Present a science GPA of at least 2.5 (as determined by PharmCAS calculations).
- Earn no grade lower than a C- in any course intended to be used to fulfil a pre-requisite requirement.
- Complete the required 63 semester hours of prerequisite coursework prior to matriculating. Candidates are encouraged to apply for admission early and interview while pre-requisite coursework is in progress.
- Demonstrate interest in the pharmacy profession through extracurricular activities, work or volunteer experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities.
Required Application Materials
Each Doctor of Pharmacy applications should:
- Complete the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) application
- NEOMED does not require a supplemental application for our Pharmacy program
- NEOMED is a PCAT optional program. The PCAT is no longer required for admission consideration effective 2017-2018.
- September 4, 2018: Early Decision PharmCAS application deadline
- October 1, 2018: PharmCAS application due date for partner university consideration
- June 3, 2019: PharmCAS application deadline