Strategic Plan 2018-21
A Prescription for the Future
The College of Pharmacy’s strategic plan was created through an inclusive and collaborative effort to further advance the mission and vision of the college. Implemented on July 1, 2018 (FY19), the plan extends from 2018-2021 (FY19-FY22) and focuses on four areas:
- Curriculum & Student Experience
- Research & Scholarship
- Outreach/Relationship Building
- Operations & Finance
The College of Pharmacy plan has been designed to intentionally align with the University plan.
Monitoring of the plan will be centralized and coordinated through the Office of Assessment.
1. Curriculum & Student Experience
Deliver a student experience that will prepare team and practice-ready pharmacists.
- 1.1 Student Recruitment: Recruit a sufficient number of Pharm.D. candidates.
- 1.2 Curriculum & Revision: Develop and deliver a state-of-the art curriculum.
- 1.3 IPE Leader: Be a national leader for Interprofessional Education.
- 1.4 Student Success: Maintain top rated student outcomes while increasing the resources dedicated to promoting students’ academic, professional, and personal success.
2. Research & Scholarship
Develop and foster an environment that promotes success of research and scholarship in the College of Pharmacy.
- 2.1 Pharmacy Research Infrastructure: Develop the research infrastructure for the College of Pharmacy.
- 2.2 Faculty Development & Training: Develop a strategy and framework to support faculty development and training in research and scholarship.
- 2.3 Enhance Research & Scholarship Skills: Enhance research and scholarship skills for students, residents and Fellows.
3. Outreach / Relationship Building:
Assure professional, practice, alumni, and community relationships are vital in supporting the educational mission of the College of Pharmacy.
- 3.1 Practice Sites: Continue to advance the quality of the relationships between the College of Pharmacy and practice sites.
- 3.2 Advocacy: Build our external advocacy efforts for the pharmacy profession and our internal advocacy for the College of Pharmacy within NEOMED.
- 3.3 Alumni Engagement in College of Pharmacy Students and Programs: Increase the engagement of College of Pharmacy alumni in the professional and financial support of student pharmacists and College of Pharmacy programs.
4. Operations & Finance
Establish the operational health and stability of the College to ensure a sustainable and transparent operation.
- 4.1 College Financial Model: Implement a model that insures financial stability and business development
- 4.2 Organizational Structure and Governance: Evaluate and enhance our organizational model to support the existing and future growth of the College of Pharmacy.
- 4.3 Resources: Evaluate college resources in order to support program quality and growth
- 4.4 Advancement: Advance the mission of the college through philanthropy, public relations, and marketing and communication.