Understanding the costs associated with a health professions education is very important. The University is required by federal regulation to develop a standard Cost of Attendance that includes typical student expenses a student may incur for attending a NEOMED education program for a single year. Cost of Attendances change each year.
A cost of attendance serves four major purposes:
- To support students in financial planning and budgeting
- To assist with the equitable distribution of student financial aid dollars
- To set a maximum limit to the amount of Title IV Federal financial aid a student eligible to receive
- To assure educational access and choice
Components of the Cost of Attendance:
The Cost of Attendance is divided into two components:
Billable Education Expenses: Direct charges assessed to a student by NEOMED for the purpose of enrolling in a University Program, including tuition and mandatory program fees.
Non-Billable Education Expenses: Out-of-pocket expenses a student may incur while attending a University program that will not be charged by and made due to the University.
Costs for each College are divided into different groups:
- State resident, where the student indicated they would be living off or on campus on the FAFSA form. Please note that state residents who indicate they are living with their parent(s) will receive a reduced cost of living allowance in their non-billable expenses.
- Non-Ohio resident Cost of Attendance.
Students can familiarize themselves with the establishment of the Cost of Attendance and Circumstances that may qualify for an increase in their Cost of Attendance by reviewing the Establishment and Revision of the Cost of Attendance Policy. A copy of the Request for a Budget Adjustment appeals form can be found on our Forms and Resources page.
Below you will find the costs for each of our academic programs. You may also download a comprehensive cost of attendance spreadsheet to understand what comprises the Billable and Non-Billable education expenses by visiting our Forms and Resources page.
Detailed information on tuition and fee charges, payment options and due dates is available from the Bursar website.
2020-21 College of Medicine Cost of Attendance
2020-21 College of Pharmacy Cost of Attendance
2020-21 College of Graduate Studies Cost of Attendance