In an Emergency
Pick up a blue-light emergency phone or call the University Police at 330.325.5911 or 9-1-1 (dial 9-911 if using a campus phone).
If you notice something unusual or something that causes you concern, call 330.325.5911 at any hour.
Non-emergency questions may be directed to NPD at 330.325.5911 or email@example.com.
The NEOMED Police Department is on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in partnership with the Department of Public Safety’s security officers, patrolling the campus on foot and from vehicles. Our police officers have full law enforcement authority from the State of Ohio and work closely with other area law enforcement agencies.
We’re here to assist you. Please call us at 330.325.5911 (or 9-1-1 in an emergency) if we may be of service.
NPD strives to provide a safe environment for all members of the NEOMED community. As part of the Department of Public Safety, we work with the Department’s security officers to provide the following services:
- Proactive foot and vehicle patrols of campus by University police and security officers, 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year.
- Response to all calls-for-service, medical emergencies and other unusual incidents on campus.
- Vehicle lockout and jumpstart assistance on campus.
- 24/7 safety escorts to any location on campus.
- Monitoring and maintenance of campus “blue light” emergency phones.
- Timely alerts through the University’s mass emergency notification system.
- NEOMED Identification Card services and visitor access control to secure areas of campus.
Annual Security Report
The NEOMED Annual Security Report is provided in support of the Department of Public Safety’s mission to provide and maintain a safe and secure campus for our students, faculty, staff and visitors. The report also maintains our full compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Statistics Act.
NEOMED ID Cards
All new students and employees are required to obtain and wear a NEOMED ID card. Students will obtain their ID card during a scheduled orientation program at the beginning of the academic year. New employees will obtain their ID card during a scheduled appointment with Human Resources.
Parking facilities, with the exception of the visitor parking areas, are available to all faculty, staff and students. All students, faculty and staff must obtain and display a valid parking permit to park on the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) campus. In addition to NEOMED permits, valid permits include those from consortium universities and associated hospitals.
Jeanette Killius, a former instructor of Microscopic Anatomy and supervisor of Electron Microscopy was nominated by her peers for her […]