Meet the College of Medicine Student Affairs Team
Welcome Message from the College of Medicine Student Affairs team:
Welcome to the Northeast Ohio Medical University! We are excited to share this journey with you, providing you with a supportive learning environment and guiding you through your undergraduate medical training. We work in partnership with the staff in the office of Academic Affairs and Student Services and the Center for Student Wellness and Counseling to ensure that you receive the academic and personal support you need to meet your educational goals, and to holistically support your professional development as a physician.
Douglas Moses, M.D. (’95), Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
As the chair of the College of Medicine Admissions committee, I lead the COM recruitment and admissions efforts and oversee COM Student Affairs. This allows me to chair the COM Admissions Committee and be part of molding a talented and diverse student body that encompasses the mission our college has developed. In addition, I have the privilege of working with a stellar Student Affairs team to help students develop into a NEOMED physician.
Anita Pokorny, M.Ed., Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
As the student advocate for all College of Medicine students, I serve as your first point of contact for troubleshooting issues and concerns and connecting you to the appropriate resources for addressing those concerns. I also provide students with guidance and support in a wide variety of activities, including:
- Preparing you for your career as a Physician through NEOMED’s holistic career development curriculum. This includes oversight of the Residency Match process including ERAS, MSPE preparation, and the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program.
- Building your personal board of directors by connecting you with a robust network of mentors and advisors through NEOMED’s Professional Development Advising Team (PDAT) program.
- Planning and implementing extra-curricular enrichment opportunities, including career exploration, research and service experiences.
- Writing dean’s letters of recommendation for research and other professional development applications.
Harmony Stanger, M.B.A., Assistant Director, Student Affairs
As an advocate for student success, I assist with the coordination of all College of Medicine student programming, planning, activities and special events, and serve as a student resource for career advising support in these areas:
- Assist students with preparation of their curriculum vitae, interview skills and other career preparation activities.
- Help to coordinate the residency match process and Match Day.
- Advise medical students on research, service and other professional development opportunities.
- Assist with management of the Professional Development Advising Team (PDAT) program.
The College of Medicine Student Affairs team also participates in the development and administration of many policies that impact the quality of life and campus resources available to medical students and provide support and advisement to the NEOMED Student Council, Student Conduct Council and College of Medicine student interest groups.
Together with our colleagues in the Office of the Dean and Medical Education, we coordinate many events that will be memorable milestones in your career development, including the White Coat Ceremony, the M3 Student Clinician Ceremony, and Match Day and Graduation! Your well-being and career balance are of paramount importance to our team; as such, we are committed to working with you to support you throughout your training.
Once again, welcome to NEOMED! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance to you during your time here.
Douglas Moses, M.D. (’95)
Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs
Associate Professor, Pediatrics
Phone: (330) 325.6197
Anita Pokorny, M.Ed.
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Harmony Stanger, M.B.A.
Assistant Director, Student Affairs