Away Elective Applications
Rising M4 Students who wish to take a rotation outside of NEOMED’s catalog of offerings, during their forth year, will need to apply and be accepted.
VSLO (Visiting Student Learning Opportunities)
VSLO, is a common application portal for away rotations. Students will receive an e-mail inviting them to the portal in February of their M3 year. Students will use their AAMC Account # and password to login. Through this portal, they will be able to search for electives offerings and complete the application(s).
Details on the VSLO application process are covered in ACM Career Identity Development presentations during the students’ third year.
Applying to Away Electives – Outside of VSLO
Although VSLO is convenient and considerably more affordable than other applications, it does not include all the away offerings. If a student wishes to do a rotation at a particular hospital, which does not use VSLO, the student should check the hospital or school’s website for elective offerings and application information.
The student must thoroughly review the requirements of the away elective prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar, because every application is different. Read the away elective information completely to determine what must be provided.
Many documents, which are routinely required, may be easily obtained by the student. Some of the commonly requested documents include:
- Background Check – Access to the most recent CBC is available online through Certiphi for six months after completion. After six months, students can access a copy for an infinite amount of time through the Certiphi Applicant Services Team. Certiphi will release a copy via fax or first-class mail upon a student’s request by calling Applicant Services at 1-800-260-1680, Monday – Friday, 8a.m. – 7p.m. EST.
- OSHA and HIPAA Certificate –OSHA and HIPAA certificates are available online through CITI Program.
- BLS/ACLS Card – eCards are available through the American Heart Association or through your MyCB
- Immunization Records – your immunization summary and supporting documentation may be downloaded from your MyCB. Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification and signature.
- Drug Screen Results – Recent drug screen results are available online through Certiphi.
- Letters of Recommendation – the letter writer must email any letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com. Letters are not accepted from students. The letter writer should specify if the letter is for a single application or multiple.
- Mask Fit Test – Proof of a mask fit test should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of the Registrar can provide you with the following documentation:
- Transcripts – Transcripts are uploaded to VSLO by our office. If submitting a paper application, place your order in Parchment.
- Letter of Good Standing – This letter will include your enrollment date and anticipated date of graduation.
- Malpractice Insurance Information – This letter will include information from the letter of good standing and the malpractice insurance information.
If the Registrar’s office has not received all necessary supporting documents, the student will be asked to provide them.
Division of Academic Affairs