Welcome to the Learning Center
An office within Student Services
Located in A-102; across from the President’s Office
Developing successful academic strategies
As a professional student you are joining an elite population of learners. You have the opportunity to create and direct your own learning environment. Some students believe that they will be able to keep the same strategies that were used in undergraduate study and simply work harder. A more successful academic strategy is to adjust your approach based on the tremendous volume of material, limited time, the essential components of learning, and your personal learning styles and strengths.
Learning Center resources include:
- Academic strategy and learning skills consultations
- Individualized study plans for course or licensure exam preparation
- Online academic resources – both general and course-specific
- Peer tutoring – large and small group sessions
- Lunchtime workshops – topics determine by student needs and requests
- Accommodations requests to the University Student Accessibility Services Committee
- English as a Second Language (ESL) support
NEW: NEOMED’s Writing Center is now open available by appointment. Read more.
Craig Theissen, M.Ed./L.
Director, Learning Center