The Writing Center
HELP AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CVs, MATCH PORTFOLIOS AND OTHER HIGH STAKES WRITING
- We serve students, faculty and staff.
- We can help with match portfolios, personal statements, CVs, manuscripts, scholarship applications, dissertations, speeches, essays for class, grant proposals, journal articles, poster presentations and more.
- Appointments are required. The Writing Center is a pilot, open 20 hours a week for now. Demand for appointments is increasing. Please plan ahead and anticipate that there may be a delay of up to a week for an appointment. Request an appointment online.
- The Writing Center lead is Brian Harrell, a writing specialist in Student Services. Brian has taught classes at NEOMED since 2018. He has a master’s degree in English Composition and his research interests are online pedagogy, writing center theory, first-year composition and the rhetoric of health and medicine.
- About 80% of requests are handled asynchronously: You submit your writing, a tutor reviews the document and screenshares a critique with suggestions.
- The Writing Center is located in the library, in L202-A.
- After every appointment, you will be asked to complete a survey. The survey data will help us improve the service and potentially extend our hours if we can show that students and others value the Writing Center.
- Have a question? Email email@example.com.