December 1, 2016
May 1, 2017
Determination of whether NEOMED will be offering transfer admission will be made in November 2017. Please check back here for more information at that time.
Get assistance online with your application for admission, or:
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST
Transfer to NEOMED
Transfer to NEOMED for your second or third year of medical school
Whether you want to serve as a primary care physician in an underserved area or prepare for a specialty within the world’s best health systems, you can transfer to NEOMED to accomplish your career goals.
Who should apply?
Students enrolled at other medical schools who are entering their second or third year of medical school with an interest in advancing community health in Northeast and beyond.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
Transfer applicants are required to:
- be in good academic standing at their current medical school
- be citizens or permanent residents of the United States (priority is given to Ohio residents)
- hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
- have passed the USMLE Step 1
- have successfully completed two years of coursework at their current medical school
Candidates currently attending an osteopathic school or a foreign medical school who are certified in good standing by their dean may be considered for M2 or M3 after completing at least two years at their current medical school.
Graduates of medical schools are not eligible for Transfer/Advanced Standing admission.
Required Application Materials
Advanced Standing transfer applications should include:
- Completed Advanced Standing admissions application
- Official transcripts from all current and previous post-secondary enrollment
- Evidence of good standing at current college, either indicated on your transcript or in a Letter of Good Standing from your dean or registrar
- Official NBME transcript of USMLE Step 1 Score Report
Letters of recommendation are not required or accepted.
Office of Enrollment Services
Toll Free: 800.686.2511