In 2000, the Akron Police Department became the first in Ohio to start a CIT program. The Criminal Justice Coordinating Center of Excellence helps to bring CIT to communities across the state. Ohio has trained 11,932 of its full time sworn law enforcement officers.
- Cumulative state of Ohio CIT training report*
- Ohio map: percentage of full-time peace officers completing CIT training – cumulative*
- Ohio map of CIT by percentage of participating law enforcement agencies in each county [PNG]
- Report of number of CIT courses held in each Ohio county or ADAMHS Board area*
- Ohio map of number of CIT Officers per 100,000 Population by county *
- Cumulative training report of CIT in Ohio universities*
- Cumulative training report of CIT in Ohio Sheriff’s Departments*