Join the REDIzone as we provide access to a live webinar that discusses one of the most important patent issues challenging medical technology companies – the controversial “diagnose and treat” method claims. Immediately after the webinar, IP attorneys from the leading IP law firm, Tarolli, will be available for a discussion and Q&A session.
Ever since the landmark (and many say deeply flawed) Mayo v. Prometheus Supreme Court decision in 2012, it’s been a barren patent landscape for “diagnose and treat” method claims. But with several recent court decisions and USPTO guidance, there’s new room to maneuver in this complex area of patent practice.
The Live webinar will discuss:
- State of the law on patent-eligibility and divided infringement
- Review of recent cases involving single and two-actor method claims, including:
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation v. True Health Diagnostics LLC
- Eli Lilly & Co. v. Teva Parenteral Medicines Inc.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. West-Ward Pharmaceuticals
- Sample form of claims that straddle patent-eligibility and divided infringement concerns
- USPTO guidance and examples
- Strategies for increasing likelihood of obtaining meaningful patent protection from the USPTO
- Dealing with concerns of potential licensees
Following the webinar, there will be a follow-on discussion with patent attorneys from Tarolli, a leading intellectual property law firm, to answer your questions.