Appointments and Promotions
Faculty in Clinical Departments
- The faculty candidate must submit a completed “Appointment or Promotion Application for Non-tenure Track Faculty,” a letter of support from the hospital department chair or other appropriate supervising physicians to the appropriate department chair in the College of Medicine.
- All recommendations for appointment, except those which are solely within the purview of the College of Medicine Dean, are forwarded by the department chair to the Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee for consideration.
- The chair of the Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee forwards all positive recommendations to the dean.
- The dean makes a recommendation and forwards the package to the president for transmittal to the Board of Trustees for final action.
- The president or president’s designee notifies the candidate of the action of the Board of Trustees.
Questions and Support Contact:
College of Medicine-Office of the Dean