The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is to:
- Review and approve, require modifications, or withhold approval of activities related to the care and use of animals.
- Review and approve, require modifications, or withhold approval of significant changes regarding the use of animals in ongoing activities.
- Review the animal care and use program at least once every six months.
- Inspect the animal care facility at least once every six months.
- Inspect survival surgery areas at least once every six months.
- Prepare a report of the findings of the semi-annual reviews and inspections and submit it to the Institutional Official (IO). The report must distinguish between major and minor deficiencies and include a timetable for corrective action(s).
- Review concerns involving the care and use of animals at Northeast Ohio Medical University.
- Make recommendations to the IO regarding the animal care program, facilities, and/or personnel training.
- Suspend any activity involving animals for due cause.
- Conduct annual reviews of each previously approved, ongoing animal use activity including a complete review at least once every three years.
- Notify investigators and the IO in writing of its decision to approve or withhold approval of the protocol.
- The IACUC meets monthly on the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday of the month. The date determined at the previous month’s meeting. Our next meeting is scheduled for December 13, 2022
- Our current IACUC Leadership is
- Dr. Priya Raman – IACUC Chair
- Dr. Sheila Fleming – IACUC Vice Chair
- Dr. Merri Rosen – IACUC Chair Pro Tempore
- Dr. Stanley Dannemiller – Veterinarian
- Ms. Tricia Sloan – Regulatory Affairs Coordinator III