SUICIDE PREVENTION, INTERVENTON AND POSTVENTION: A RESOURCE AND PROGRAMMING GUIDE FOR OHIO INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION
The Ohio Program for Campus Safety & Mental Health is pleased to provide a downloadable PDF of
You may also view this as an electronic publication below. We suggest using Full-Screen mode (the square-shaped icon) for optimal viewing.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 (Coronavirus) RESOURCES FOR COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
The Ohio Program for Campus Safety and Mental Health understands that the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is having a major impact on colleges and universities in our state and throughout the nation. As our state leadership has made some drastic decisions, we are in agreement that these decisions are vital and necessary for the safety of everyone. The Ohio Program for Campus Safety and Mental Health is also in agreement with national recommendations for maintaining mental health during this pandemic. Please see below for recommendations, guidelines, and tips that we thought would be important to share.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has guidance on managing mental health and coping during COVID-19 for children and caregivers, as well as guidance for higher education administrators.
- The Child Mind Institute has published a resource on how to talk to young people about COVID-19.
- The Hope Center has outlined resources for supporting college students during this crisis.
- The American College Health Association has created a guide to help college health staff and campus administrators address COVID-19 on campus.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has information on travel, media resources, and other research on COVID-19.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Psychologist Jelena Kecmanovic provides some science-based strategies and tips for coping with COVID-19 anxiety
Tips and resources related to mental health and social distancing/isolation from SAMHSA.
The CDC offers many helpful links as our nation navigates this virus:
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for social distancing, quarantine, and isolation during an infectious disease outbreak
In addition, we invite you to view the archive of our 2018-2020 recorded webinars via our YouTube channel. We also encourage you to engage in self-care, manage your media exposure, and stay connected with resources and networks.
Resources for suicide prevention, mental health, and tools and tips for campuses
RESOURCES FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA AWARENESS WEEK WEBINAR
- American Civil Liberties Union, Myths and Truths about the ADA
- Judge David L. Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, Campus Mental Health
National Alliance on Mental Illness
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Transitions to Adulthood Center for Research, Systems & Psychosocial Advances Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Tools for School: Accommodations for College Students with Mental Health Challenges
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (U. S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation
- The Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati
- The Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-Ohio
- Ohio Board of Regents
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
Department of Psychiatry
Ohio Program for Campus Safety & mental Health
NEOMED Coordinating Center of Excellence