Resources for suicide prevention, mental health, and tools and tips for campuses.
RESOURCES FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA AWARENESS WEEK WEBINAR
National Alliance on Mental Illness
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Transitions to Adulthood Center for Research, Systems & Psychosocial Advances Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Tools for School: Accommodations for College Students with Mental Health Challenges
IMPORTANT COVID-19 (Coronavirus) RESOURCES FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
The Ohio Program for Campus Safety and Mental Health understands that the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is having a major impact on colleges and universities in our state and throughout the nation. As our state leadership has made some drastic decisions, we are in agreement that these decisions are vital and necessary for the safety of everyone. The Ohio Program for Campus Safety and Mental Health is also in agreement with national recommendations for maintaining mental health during this pandemic. Please see below for recommendations, guidelines and tips that we thought would be important to share.
- JED Recommendations
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has guidance on managing mental healthand coping during COVID-19 for children and caregivers, as well as guidance for higher education administrators.
- The Child Mind Institutehas published a resource on how to talk to young people about COVID-19.
- The Hope Center has outlined resources for supporting college students during this crisis.
- The American College Health Associationhas created a guide to help college health staff and campus administrators address COVID-19 on campus.
- The World Health Organization(WHO) has information on travel, media resources, and other research on COVID-19.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Psychologist Jelena Kecmanovic provides some science-based strategies and tipsfor coping with COVID-19 anxiety
- Tips and resources related to mental health and social distancing/isolation from SAMHSA.
- The CDC offers many helpful links as our nation navigates this virus:
In addition, we invite you to view the archive of our 2018-2020 recorded webinars via our YouTube channel. We also encourage you to engage in self-care, manage your media exposure, and stay connected with resources and networks.
Wishing you all the very best in health,
Russell E. Spieth, PhD, CRC
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (U. S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation
- The Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati
- The Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-Ohio
- Ohio Board of Regents
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
Questions? Please Contact:
Department of Psychiatry
For the first time, pharmacy faculty have collaborated to produce an evidence-based ranking of Pharm.D. programs in the United States. […]