Coping with COVID During and After: Post-Traumatic Growth, presented by Northeast Ohio Medical University’s Project ECHO® team, will help medical professionals understand how personal growth can be experienced as a result of a crisis or traumatic event.
The online pop-up session, scheduled to take place Wednesday, May 27, from noon to 1:30 p.m., will focus on positioning the theory of post-traumatic growth as a complement to post-traumatic stress, and how to use the traumatic event as a catalyst for positive change.
Participants will learn post-traumatic growth’s role in resilience and how to use a traumatic event as a catalyst for positive change.
The session’s panel of experts will include:
- Jennifer Dougall, Ph.D., professional clinical counselor – NEOMED
- Sara Dugan, Pharm.D., mental health pharmacist – NEOMED
- David Sharp, Ph.D., assistant professor, School of Health Sciences – Kent State University
- Douglas Smith, M.D., psychiatrist and interim department chair – NEOMED
- Joseph Zarconi, M.D. (’81), nephrologist and medical director of COVID-19 at NEOMED – NEOMED