Administrative Policy: Academic
University Approval of New Credit‐Bearing Educational Program
Policy Number: 3349-AC-202
Effective Date: 03/20/2017
Responsible Department: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Applies To: All University Employees
Approval Authority: Office of the VPAA
Proforma for New Program Development
Appendix D is an Excel spreadsheet available by contacting the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Northeast Ohio Medical University.
Institutional Service & Support
- This template is intended as a basic guide for the projection of Institutional Service & Support Expenses, which represent additional expenses that will be incurred by departments that provide service and support for the administration of the program. Examples include Enrollment Services, Career Services, Registrar, Academic Services, Accounting, Academic Technology, etc. Estimated Institutional Service & Support Expenses must be discussed with the University leader responsible for oversight of the service related area.
- Cells in yellow contain variables that can be updated as needed.
- In the “Personnel Expenses” section, enter employee FTE by department in the respective year for additional staff that will be required within service and support departments as a result of this new program. For example, enter .25 for one-quarter of an FTE.
- Template uses an average salary and annual escalator for needed positions within the service and support departments. Salary amount can be adjusted as needed.
- Current Fringe Benefit Rates are available on the Administration and Finance channel of DOCS and can be entered in cell C52.
- In the “Non Personnel Expenses” section, enter additional expenses for supplies, travel, etc. that will be required within service and support departments as a result of this new program.
- Totals on this tab will automatically populate into the proforma.
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader