Student Academic Complaints
Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to providing all students with an exceptional educational experience and strives to work with students to resolve any issues that may arise. United States Department of Education regulations (34 CFR 668.43(b)) require institutions of higher education to have a process to handle complaints for prospective and enrolled students. This page describes the processes available and provides links to supporting policies, documentation, forms, and contacts. All Northeast Ohio Medical University students are encouraged to resolve complaints first with the university before contacting external agencies for resolution and first informally before pursuing formal resolution processes whenever possible.
Academic Complaint Policies and Procedures
Northeast Ohio Medical University provides details about student academic complaint policy and procedures in the NEOMED Compass. Please see the links below for further details:
- Students enrolled in the College of Medicine should reference policy 3349-AC-405: Grade Dispute.
- Students enrolled in the College of Pharmacy should reference policy 3349-AC-500: Grade Dispute Policy – College of Pharmacy.
- Students enrolled in the College of Graduate Studies should reference policy 3349-AC-320: Grade Dispute Policy.
NEOMED students with non-academic complaints may also submit their concerns via the Student Concern Form on the Student Affairs website, the Inappropriate Behavior Survey as part of Course Evaluation processes or by meeting with the student support officers at NEOMED.
Other methods for resolution
- If a complaint is not resolved within NEOMED, the student should contact the Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Students with unresolved complaints also have the right to contact the accrediting body for an institution. View The Higher Learning Commission complaint process.