Northeast Ohio Medical University announced the opening of NEOMED Health Care to the public. The primary care facility, located on the second floor of the University’s NEW Center, was previously available only for student health services. It is now open to employees and the general public as well.
“As a medical university training health professionals for and from Ohio, it makes sense for us to serve our community by providing primary and mental health care,” said John Boltri, M.D., FAAFP (right), the lead physician in the clinic who was one of Rootstown’s first physicians in nearly 100 years when he began practicing in the community.
NEOMED Health Care is staffed by an expert team of clinicians, including two University alumnae:
- John Boltri, M.D., FAAFP, treats patients for a variety of medical conditions. An expert in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia, Dr. Boltri also chairs Family and Community Medicine in the College of Medicine at NEOMED. He is a graduate of Ohio State University and completed his residency training at Akron City Hospital (now part of Summa Health System).
- Alicia Bond, M.D., a 2016 graduate of NEOMED, completed her family medicine residency at Cleveland Clinic Akron General. In addition to seeing patients at NEOMED Health Care, she is the health director for the Student-Run Free Clinic, another NEOMED clinical initiative.
- Elisabeth Whipkey, M.D., also a NEOMED graduate (Class of 2017), completed her family medicine residency at Summa Health System – Barberton Campus. She joined the NEOMED Health Care team as a patient care provider in November 2021.
- Kathryn Fleck, RN, is an experienced director of nursing, who is skilled in wound care, training and quality assurance. She is a certified instructor in American Heart Association BLS CPR and non-violent crisis intervention. Fleck received her nursing degree from Kent State University.
Primary care services
NEOMED Health Care provides a full range of primary care services, including:
- Wellness visits and annual exams
- Sports physicals
- Assessment and treatment for COVID-19
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, hypertension, COPD, hypercholesterolemia, depression, anxiety and other conditions
- Preventative care, including screening for common cancers
- Pre-operative assessment and evaluation
- Treatment of joint pain
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Women’s health services
- Treatment of common infections
Other health issues, such as substance use treatment, will be added in the near future.
Services are available in person and by telehealth, when appropriate.
Location and hours
Open five days a week, NEOMED Health Care is located on the second floor of the NEW Center, 4211 St. Rt. 44, Rootstown, OH 44272.
Monday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
To make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 330.325.3202.
For more information, visit health-care.neomed.edu.