Creating Transformational Leaders is the foundation of everything we do at NEOMED.
In keeping with this mission, the University is developing high-demand new programs aimed at:
- producing the health care professionals vitally needed in the region;
- providing valuable professional opportunities for our graduates; and
- creating tomorrow’s leaders.
Two new graduate programs have been added to the portfolio of graduate program offerings:
- New for the Fall 2021 semester is the Master of Leadership in Health Systems Sciences (MLHSS), with an inaugural cohort of 12 students. This one-year program provides a comprehensive and experiential approach to health systems leadership education. The MLHSS students work closely with the leadership of our health system partners in high-impact team environments to create solutions for operational issues. This program is designed to attract students who not only want to be outstanding clinicians but also to be great leaders driven to transform the U.S. health care system. The program is led by Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen.
- New for the Spring 2022 semester, the Master of Medical Science in Anesthesia (MMSc-A) program trains certified anesthesia assistants (CAA) to serve as an integral part of the anesthesia care team, working with physicians anesthesiologists to provide the highest quality of care to patients. These positions are in high demand across the country and provide graduates with top-level salaries and growth opportunities. The new program allows students to complete a master’s degree in 28 months.
There are currently only 12 accredited programs in the U.S. offering training in this new and growing field and only one such other program in Ohio.
Nathaniel Flath, CAA, leads the MMSc-A program and anticipates an inaugural cohort of 12 students joining the campus community this January.
Each of these new programs strengthens NEOMED’s partnerships with regional health systems and with the broader communities the University serves.
For more information, contact email@example.com.