Use in Education & Research
Thank you for considering being part of Northeast Ohio Medical University Body Donation Program.
- The majority of bodies that come to the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology will be used for the teaching of anatomy (body structure) to medical students.
- We may use your body to train interns and residents undergoing special surgery training.
- We may send your body to institutions within the University consortium if, and only if, the institution’s purpose, facilities and personnel have been approved by the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology.
- We may use your body for research that investigates human structure, disease or novel medical procedures.
- In every case, the body is returned to Northeast Ohio Medical University for final disposition. Survivors should understand that the donor’s cremated remains may not be returned for a period of up to two years after donation.
- Since we do not conduct autopsies, no records of pathological findings are kept.
- We recognize that circumstances may require other agencies to perform an autopsy to investigate a donor’s illness or death. However, if an autopsy is performed, Northeast Ohio Medical University cannot accept the body. The survivors are responsible for making other arrangements for disposition at their expense.
Questions? Please Contact:
Body Donation Hotline
24 hours a day/7 days a week
Phone: 800.686.2511 ext. 6317