Yellow Belt Certification Program
The Yellow Belt Certification Program provides participants with an introduction to the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC framework. Key actions are explored in the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control stages of a continuous improvement project’s lifecycle.
Sessions are held virtually and include large group learning, small group break out activities, and application of key Lean Six Sigma concepts utilizing established templates and tools. Project teams receive customized project mentoring during the 5-week class and meet outside of class to complete learning application exercises. The time commitment to meet the program’s certification requirements is approximately 32 hours over the 5-week training program.
- Active participation in learning and mentoring sessions
- Project tool deliverables submitted weekly based on their identified improvement idea
- Attainment of an 80% or higher on Knowledge Assessment
- Completion of a program evaluation form
Learning Session Details
- Participants are able to register for either a 4.5-hour learning session held once a week OR two separate 2.5 hour learning sessions per week
- Training cohorts meet for 5 weeks and include a project sharing session on the final day
- Project mentoring meetings held weekly with each project team or individual participant
- Project teams identify a continuous improvement opportunity and utilize it to apply Lean Six Sigma concepts throughout the course
- Program time commitment is approximately 32 hours over the 5-week session
2022 YELLOW BELT TRAINING DATES
September 2022 (SESSION FULL)
Wednesday (in-person) – 4.5 hours per session
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5
Tuesday and Thursday (in-person) – 2.5 hours per session
1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27, Nov. 3
For more information or questions please contact Jordan Cinderich at LSS@neomed.edu.