Forms & Resources
Applications and Guidance
- Application Form: Social/Behavioral or Biomedical Research*
Use this form for exempt, expedited, or full board review.
- Information on the IRB Submission and Approval Process
- Determination Form/Certificate- Do you need IRB review?
- IRB Application Errors– Use along with the IRB Application to minimize common errors which lengthen the review process.
- IRB Review Criteria by Application Section– Details what reviewers look for in your completed application.
- Use of Human Specimens Form *
Consent Form Templates
- Informational Sheet -(signature not required from subject) *
- Consent for Adults Form-(signature required from subject) *
- Assent for Minors Form -(signature required from subject)*
- Parental Consent Form– (signature required from subject)*
- Consent by Telephone *
- Glossary of Lay Terms to Use When Writing Consent Forms *
To continue a study or to close study/close file
Amendment/addendum request form
Unanticipated problem/serious adverse event/noncompliance
Policies and procedures
NEOMED only accepts the CITI human subjects training modules. Certification is valid for 3 years from the date of completion.
Student Research Projects Requiring IRB Review:
All student projects require a faculty PI listed on the IRB application who will mentor the project and help complete and review the IRB application prior to submission. If you are conducting research on NEOMED students, you are also required to seek permission from the college Dean(s) for the use of students as subjects. All survey research must be administered through the Office of Institutional Research. Also please keep in mind you will have to process any gift cards, etc. given as compensation (not “incentives” to ensure we are not coercing participants) with the accounting office.