Administrative Policy: University
Virtual Meetings Policy for NEOMED Board of Trustees
Policy Number: 3349-1-06
Effective Date: 09/01/2021
Responsible Department: Board Secretary
The purpose of this policy is to establish a process through which the University can conduct its Board of Trustees meetings utilizing electronic communication in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 3345.82.
This policy applies to the NEOMED Board of Trustees.
- “Electronic communication” refers to live, audio-enabled communication which permits the Trustees attending a meeting at a remote location, the Trustees in person at the place where the meeting is conducted, and all members of the public present in person at the place where the meeting is conducted to simultaneously communicate with each other during the meeting.
- NEOMED Trustees may participate virtually in the regularly scheduled Board meetings for no more than two meetings per calendar year, with in-person participation at all other regularly scheduled meetings.
- Any meeting conducted utilizing electronic communication must include all of the following:
- In-person attendance by no less than one-third of the Trustees;
- All votes conducted by roll call vote; and
- Notification from any Trustee who intends to attend a meeting via electronic communication to the Board Chair and Board Secretary no less than two weeks before the meeting, except in the case of a declared emergency.
- In accordance with section 121.22 and sections 3335.06 and 3343.04 of the Ohio Revised Code, a Trustee who attends a meeting via means of electronic communication is considered to be present at the meeting, is counted for purposes of establishing a quorum, and may vote at the meeting.