Paid Organ Donation Leave
Policy Number: 3349-08-55
Effective Date: 09/10/2010
Responsible Department: Human Resources, Payroll
Applies To: Full-time Faculty, Administrative Staff, Unclassified Hour Employees, Classified Civil Service Employees
- To establish a Policy governing leave for the purpose of organ donation.
- This Policy applies to all full‐time faculty, administrative staff, unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees of the Institution. Part‐time, seasonal, temporary and on‐call workers are not eligible.
- Consult Institutional Policy No. 3349‐7‐01.
- “Organ Donation Leave” is Leave with Pay as set forth herein.
D. Policy Statement
- Any full‐time Employee who donates an adult kidney or any portion of an adult liver shall receive up to two hundred forty (240) hours of Leave with Pay during each calendar year. These hours will be paid at the Employee’s regular rate of pay for regularly scheduled work hours that the Employee is medically unable to work.
- Any full‐time Employee who donates adult bone marrow will receive up to fifty‐six (56) hours Leave with Pay each calendar year. These hours will be paid at the Employee’s regular rate of pay for regularly scheduled work hours that the Employee is medically unable to work.
- Organ Donation Leave should be exhausted prior to using any Sick Leave or Vacation Leave.
- Organ Donation Leave will run concurrently with other Institutional leave programs, including but not limited to Family Medical Leave.
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader