Policy Number: 3349-08-25
Effective Date: 09/10/2010
Responsible Department: Human Resources
Applies To: Classified Civil Service Employees
- To establish a Policy regarding compensatory time for unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees.
- This Policy applies to all unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees.
- Consult Institution Policy No. 3349‐7‐01.
D. Policy Statement
- An employee may accrue compensatory time to a maximum of 240 hours.
- Compensatory time is not available for use until it appears on the Employee’s earnings statement and the compensation described in the earnings statement is available to the Employee.
- An Employee may use compensatory time Earned in accordance with the Overtime and Holiday Compensation Policy at a time mutually convenient to the Employee and their Immediate Supervisor prior to the end of the fiscal year.
- An Employee shall be paid for compensatory time earned in accordance with the Overtime and Holiday Compensation Policy.
- When payment is made for compensatory time not used, it shall be paid at the overtime rate which was effective for the Employee at the time the compensatory time was earned.
- All compensatory time must be used before an Employee is granted a leave of absence without pay, except as otherwise permitted under state or federal law.
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader