Garnishment of Wages
Policy Number: 3349-07-65
Effective Date: 09/10/2010
Responsible Department: Human Resources and Accounting
Applies To: All University Employees
- To guide the University in abiding by court ordered garnishments.
- This Policy applies to all University employees, including but not limited to faculty, administrative staff, unclassified hourly employees, classified civil service employees, and student employees.
- Consult University Policy No. 3349‐7‐01.
- “Garnishment” is an order issued by a court attaching an Employee’s earnings to satisfy a debt incurred by the Employee.
D. Policy Statement
- The University will comply with all lawful court orders respecting garnishments. Payments in compliance with applicable child support laws are not considered a garnishment. More than one garnishment in a 12‐month period may subject the Employee to discipline, up to and including result in discharge from the University.
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader