Public Access to Library
Policy Number: 3349‐10‐70
Effective Date: 09/10/2010
Responsible Department: Safety & Security, Library
Applies To: Visitors
- To establish a defining access by the general public to the Aneal Mohan Kohli Academic and Information Technology Center.
- Applies to any Visitor on the University Campus.
- “Persona Non Grata” means a Visitor who has exhibited behavior which has been deemed Detrimental to the University Community and thus is no longer permitted to frequent or be present in any University locations or specific locations as set forth in the notice.
- “Visitor” means any person who is not a student or an employee acting within the scope of his or her employment or University Educational Program.
- As a general rule, persons who had been enrolled at the University but who have graduated or transferred are classified as Visitors. Persons who have been admitted to the University, but are not currently enrolled, are to be classified as Visitors.
- It is intended that this Policy provide a means for regulating the behavior of all persons, except University employees acting within the scope of their employment, and persons who are present on University premises and who are subject to the student honor code.
- “Behavior Detrimental to the University Community”, but is not limited to, actions by an individual which result in offenses against persons or property, disruption of University processes or programs, violation of a previous order given by a University official, a continuing pattern of violation of University rules and regulations after actual notice of the rules or falsification or misrepresentation of self or other information to a University office or official.
- “University Premises” means any building or land owned, leased, or used by.
D. Body of the Policy
- Access to the NEOMED campus by members of the general public, is restricted to the hours posted near the entrance of the.
- Hours are subject to change, but generally members of the public will be refused entry prior to 8:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. during the week and not at all on the weekends, unless they have written permission from the Director of the Library.
- Visitors will be asked by Library Staff to exit the Library and the campus no later than 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or earlier as posted.
- Individuals not complying with these rules, will be escorted out of the building by a security officer. Individuals causing disruption in any way to NEOMED students, faculty, and/or staff will be escorted out of the building and may be subject to the University’s Persona Non Grata Policy which would limit future access to the University campus.
- Once the campus is closed, including the library, NEOMED security officers reserve the right to request identification at any time. NEOMED students, faculty and staff are encouraged to carry their NEOMED ID on their person at all times.