Policy Governing Phones in Laboratories
Policy Number: 3349‐10‐45
Effective Date: 11/04/2010
Responsible Department: Public Safety and Security
Applies To: Research Laboratories of the University Community
- To establish formal guidelines for the minimum number of phones that must be present in all research laboratories to ensure safety and minimize risk to the University.
- Applies to all Research laboratories of the University community.
- “Research Laboratory” refers to any formal space designated for research in buildings C, D, E or F or any new construction so designated.
- “Suite Laboratory” refers to a research laboratory that is a combination of at least 3 open contiguous laboratory spaces.
- All research laboratories shall have a minimum of ONE phone that can access at least 9‐911, SECURITY (ext. 6489) and the SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR (ext. 6494) AT ALL TIMES.
- All suite laboratories shall have a minimum of TWO phones that can access at least 9‐911, SECURITY (ext. 6489) and the SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR (ext. 6494) AT ALL TIMES.
- Whether or not the phones have the ability to make long distance calls shall be at the discretion of the SUPERVISOR or COST CENTER SUPERVISOR.