Health Research Graduate Certificate
BUILD A FOUNDATION IN HEALTH RESEARCH
The Health Research Graduate Certificate provides students with an opportunity to enhance their professional education or to serve as a pathway toward graduate education in health sciences.
Students who enroll in this certificate are exposed to essential research knowledge and training, competitive skills useful for recruitment in post-graduate programs (i.e. residency), and early career grant funding. Students will refine their research interests, gain exposure to new research methods and technologies, develop their leadership skills, and help them identify potential career opportunities in clinical, academic, or industry settings where research fluency is increasingly applied and sought after.
This 10-credit program can be completed in as few as two semesters or while students are enrolled in other graduate or professional programs. See the curriculum.
Additionally, approved graduate certificate credit can be shared for students interested in pursuing degrees in other NEOMED College of Graduate Studies programs (e.g., Integrated Pharmaceutical Medicine (IPM)).
Early Deadline: May 1
Final Deadline: June 1
No prerequisite courses
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- Or be an eligible student enrolled in the College of Pharmacy program as outlined in the bachelor’s degree equivalency policy
- Maintained an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0
- Hold up-to-date licensure, in the case of practicing professionals
- Updated curriculum vita (CV) containing contact information, education, employment, scholarly activities, and licensure (if applicable)
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to pursue the Health Research program and how this program of study would further your professional goals (1,500 words maximum)
- Official Transcripts from all institutions that you have taken courses at are required. This includes both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- One (1) recommendation/evaluation is required to successfully apply for admission. Recommendations/evaluations must be submitted through the online application system.
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States to apply. International applicants are ineligible to apply.
- For current NEOMED students only: A signed letter of good academic standing in your primary program from the Office of the Registrar
See the courses that comprise the 10 credit hours required to earn the certificate.
You can apply today using the GradCAS Application.
We are happy to help. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.