Patricia Thornborough, M.S. Ed
Hours: By appointment only
- Faculty: College of Medicine, College of Graduate Studies
- Regional Program Director, Northeast Ohio Area Health Education Center
- Ambassador, National Health Service Corps.
Patti is the director for the premier MEDCAMP program, a three-day immersive experience designed to stimulate undergraduate student interests in the basic sciences and medicine and to expose them to career opportunities in those fields.
In addition, Patti directed the development and implementation of the AHEC Scholars Program for northeast Ohio. The AHEC Scholars Program is designed as a supplement to undergraduate students’ existing health professionals program to learn interprofessional team-based education with both urban and rural populations in underserved communities.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
Patti also directs the MEDCAMP program. MEDCAMP is a three-day immersive experience designed to stimulate undergraduate students’ interests in the sciences related to medicine and pharmacy and to expose them to opportunities in those fields. The program provides a “hands-on” experience through biomedical science workshops involving research, clinical problem-solving, and an introduction to the field of clinical medicine.
MEDCAMP is sponsored by the Area Health Education Center located at NEOMED located in Rootstown, Ohio.
- 2020 Rural Pathway Service Excellence Award
- Master of Science in Education, Instructional Technology, Northern Illinois University, 1991.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, K-12 Education; Science and Technology, Western Illinois University, 1982.