- Associate Professor of Psychiatry
After my forensic fellowship I served over 10 years in the role of Medical Director for three Northcoast Behavioral Healthcare inpatient and three outpatient sites until 4/30/12. Since 5/1/12, I have served as the Medical Director for the Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services Board. During the past 20 years in Ohio I have been involved academically at the University of Toledo and at the UHHS-Case School of Medicine.
In 2012 I additionally joined the Psychiatry Faculty at the Northeast Ohio Medical University where I am an Associate Professor, the Director of Community Psychiatry, and Co-Director of the Integrated Community Psychiatry and Primary Care Fellowship. I have given 100+ presentations to a wide range of audiences, including in England, and have co-authored more than 10 publications. I serve as a member of the Board of Trustees of NAMI Ohio.
I maintain a part-time private practice and forensic psychiatric practice completing civil and criminal evaluations.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
My 3 main areas of interest are systems of care for individuals dealing with serious mental illness, integrated care, and forensic psychiatry.
- M.D. degree from University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1993
- Psychiatry Residency Training at Sheppard Pratt Hospital, 1993-1997
- Forensic Fellowship joint training program at Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland SOM, 1998
- MS3 – ZeroSuicide in Healthcare
- Psychiatry Residency Program – Community Psychiatry exposure and education
- Co-Director of the Integrated Community Psychiatry and Primary Care Fellowship Program
Academic & Professional Activities
- President, Northeast Ohio Psychiatric Association
- Chair, Integrated Healthcare Committee, Ohio Psychiatric Physicians’ Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Ohio Health Information Partnership
- Member, Board of Directors, NAMI Ohio
- 2016 Professional of the Year, Summit County NAMI
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association