- Course Director for Pharmaceutics and Advanced Pharmaceutical Compounding courses
- Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Moses Oyewumi is a pharmaceutical scientist/faculty member at NEOMED, College of Pharmacy. Dr. Oyewumi earned his Ph.D. from the University of Kentucky, completed post-doctoral training at the University of Kentucky and at the University of Iowa. Prior to the current position, Dr. Oyewumi was a Formulation Scientist, Pharmaceutics R&D and later became the Formulation team leader in the pharmaceutical company. He is a recipient of many academic and industrial innovation awards including Elsevier’s Top Ten Most Cited Paper and Technical Excellence Award. He recently received the prestigious 2015-2016 NEOMED Faculty award. Dr. Oyewumi has authored/co-authored over 90 peer-reviewed publications, abstracts/presentations, and 10 industrial technical papers as well as 5 patents/patents pending in the area of nanotherapeutics, bioengineering, formulation development, targeted drug delivery, and nanotechnology.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
- Advanced drug delivery systems for regenerative therapies
- Fabrication and assessment of novel drug delivery systems
- Biocompatibility/toxicological assessment of nanotherapeutics
- Bioengineering and application of innovative drug delivery platforms for cancer therapy
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kentucky, College of Pharmacy, 2003.