Giselle G. Hamad, M.D., FACS, FASMBS
Associate Dean of Clinical Faculty Affairs
Professor of Surgery
Dr. Hamad received her B.S. degree in chemistry from MIT and her M.D. from Johns Hopkins University. She completed her general surgery residency at VCU and a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at UPMC. Prior to joining NEOMED, Dr. Hamad practiced minimally invasive bariatric and general surgery for more than 20 years. As a surgical educator, she received sixteen teaching awards. She held an endowed professorship in surgical education at the University of Pittsburgh and served as an associate general surgery residency program director and advisory dean for the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. As the Associate Dean of Clinical Faculty Affairs, Dr. Hamad provides leadership and oversight of clinical faculty and serves as the College’s liaison to sites that provide clinical education to students. She is a certified peer physician coach and is earning a Master’s Degree in Learning, Design, and Technology from Penn State.
- B.S., Chemistry with Minor in Music, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Surgery Richard L. Simmons Mentorship Award
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Donald Fraley Mentorship Award
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Surgery Henry T. Bahnson Resident Teaching Award
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Surgery Giselle G. Hamad, M.D., Award for medical student mentoring
See my profile on PubMed.