- Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Director of Instructional Laboratories
I completed my undergraduate coursework at Youngstown State University and obtained my Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Northeast Ohio Medical University. I completed a PGY1 residency program at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital. I worked as a clinical pharmacist, practicing in internal medicine and ambulatory care, at St. Joseph Warren Hospital and St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital before transitioning to NEOMED. I am now the Director of Instructional Labs and course director for the Basic Pharmaceutics and Parenteral Products courses. I am a co-advisor for the Student College of Clinical Pharmacy, and advisor of the Student National Pharmacist Association, Veterinary Pharmacy Club, and NEOMED Compounding Club.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
- Nonsterile/Sterile Compounding
- Veterinary Pharmacy
- Advances in Teaching and Learning
- Pharm.D., NEOMED, 2014
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, 2015
- Basics Pharmaceutics Lab
- Parenteral Products with Lab
- Veterinary Pharmacy Elective
Academic & Professional Activities
- President, Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Editorial Board Member, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning
- Appointed Member, Communications Committee, Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding
- Chair, Student and Faculty Awards Committee, NEOMED
- Member, Curriculum Committee, NEOMED
- P2 Teacher of the Year, NEOMED, 2020
- Lambda Kappa Sigma Woman in Pharmacy Award, 2020
- Alumnus of the Year, Phi Lambda Sigma, 2020
- P1 Teacher of the Year, NEOMED, 2018
- Internal Medicine Preceptor of the Year, St. Joseph Warren Hospital, 2016
- Fredrickson ME, Terlizzi H, Dannemiller S. Attitudes and expectations in the pharmacist-veterinarian relationship. Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists Poster Presentations. Houston, Texas June 2019.
- Soric M, Moorman J, Boyle J, Turosky J, Joyner K, Fredrickson ME. Aldosterone antagonist utilization in a nationally representative heart failure with reduced ejection fraction outpatient population: prevalence and predictors. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Scientific Poster Presentations, Phoenix, AZ October 2017.
- Fredrickson, ME, Brine, PL. Beyond the numbers: an innovative, patient-centered approach to diabetes care. Program Chair, Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, NV. December 2016.
- Fredrickson, ME, Brine, PL. Empowering patients to lead: clinical pharmacist contributions to an innovative, patient-centered, diabetes care team. Midyear Clinical Meeting Management Case Studies Oral Presentation. New Orleans, LA. December 2015.
- “Diabetes Update: New Guidelines and Medications.” NEOMED Internal Medicine Update. Rootstown, Ohio, April 29, 2016.
- Fredrickson ME, Terlizzi H, Horne RL, Dannemiller S. The role of the community pharmacist in veterinary patient care: a cross-sectional study of pharmacist and veterinarian viewpoints. Pharm Pract (Granada) [Internet]. 2020 Aug.6;18(3):1928.
- Longstreth KL and Fredrickson ME. Pulmonary Embolism. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 11th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2019.
- Joyner KR, Soric MM, Boyle JA, Moorman JM, Fredrickson ME, Turosky JZ, Kleven CL. “Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist utilization in a nationally representative heart failure with reduced ejection fraction outpatient population: a cross-sectional study.” Am J Ther 2018, published ahead-of-print.