- Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Lukas Everly, Pharm.D., BCPS, obtained his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from NEOMED. He completed a PGY1 and PGY2 Internal Medicine/Academia residency program at University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center before joining the University of New England College of Pharmacy. In 2017, he returned to Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) and University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center as a shared faculty member and program director. In 2019 he accepted his current role as Assistant Director of Experiential Education within the College. Lukas has published a number of peer-reviewed abstracts, manuscripts and posters.
- PGY2 Internal Medicine & Academia, UH Geauga Medical Center & NEOMED, 2015
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, UH Geauga Medical Center, 2014
- Pharm.D., Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Pharmacy, 2013.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
- Technology and simulation in pharmacy education
- Educational gaming
- Everly LJ. “Mentoring Resident Preceptors to Provide Timely and Accurate Feedback to Address Unprofessional Student Behavior.” Podium presentation. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists National Pharmacy Preceptors Conference, Dallas, Texas, October 13, 2018. Invited Presentation.
- Durlacher C, Soric M, Everly LJ. “How to Succeed in IPPE/APPE.” Podium presentation. Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists Annual All-Ohio Residency Showcase, Columbus, Ohio, October 27, 2018. Invited Presentation.
- Soric MM, Paxos C, Dugan SE, Fosnight SM, Turosky JZ, Sadana P, Emshoff JB, Everly L, Snyder BM, Mistry BK, Bhat S, Unruh AE, Safi IM. Prevalence and Predictors of Benzodiazepine Monotherapy in Patients with Depression: A National Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2019 May 21;80(4).
- Everly LJ. Using Learners to Improve Your Practice Site. In: Soric, MM, Schneider, SR, Wisneski, SS. The Effective Pharmacy Preceptor. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists; 2017. p. 147-158.