Sara Dugan, Pharm.D., BCPP, BCPS
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry
- Professor, Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Psychopharmacology Residency, Louis Stokes VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH. 2004.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Buffalo, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Amherst, NY. 2003.
- Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ. 1999.
- Administrative Course Director: Interprofessional Education course sequence (6 courses), 2019-Present.
- Course Director: Interprofessional Education 2, NEOMED P1 required, Spring 2020.
- Small Group Facilitation or Panelist: Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Campus-Based Students, NEOMED P4 required Topic Discussion, 2020-Present.
- Personal and Professional Development for Pharmacy 5, NEOMED P3 required, Advocacy Panel, 2019-Present.
- Large Lecture Teaching Pharmacotherapy: Neurology/Psychiatry, NEOMED P3 required, 2010-Present.
- Pharmacotherapy: OTC/Self-Care, NEOMED P2 required, 2020-Present.
- Interprofessional Education 2, NEOMED P1 required, 2020-Present.
Academic & Professional Activities
- Peer Reviewer: American Journal of Pharmacy Education, 2014-Present. Currents of Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 2011-Present. Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2004-Present.
- National Organizational Memberships: American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2004-Present. College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists, 2003-Present. State Organizational Memberships: Ohio Pharmacists Association, 2009-Present.
- Ohio Pharmacist Association: Legal and Regulatory Affairs Committee, 2011-Present. Membership Services and Development Committee, Member, 2011-Present.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy: Board Recertification-Pharmacy Self-Assessment Program (PSAP) Reviewer, 2014-Present.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Consultant for Family to Family Program, 2009-Present.
- McEwen H, Dugan SE, Stovsky E, Turosky J, Ammon N. Interprofessional poverty simulation for healthcare students. Joint Midcontinental and Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association. Virtual Conference. October 2020.
- Farrell DF, Ekoma JO, Bradley-Baker LR, Maggio T, Bratberg JP, Church AF, Dugan SE, Franko TS, Ventricelli DJ, Cipriani M, Koh-Knox Sharp CP, Sabeti J, Iwuchukwu OF, Puzantian T. Environmental Scan of Opioid-Related Activities in Academic Pharmacy. Rx Drug Abuse and Heroin Summit. Nashville, TN. 2020.
- Farrell DF, Ekoma JO, Bradley-Baker LR, Maggio T, Bratberg JP, Church AF, Dugan SE, Franko TS, Ventricelli DJ, Cipriani M, Koh-Knox Sharp CP, Sabeti J, Iwuchukwu OF, Puzantian T. Environmental Scan of Opioid-Related Activities in Academic Pharmacy. American Academy of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL. July 2019.
- Bular J, Cherne A, Costello M, Dorflinger C, Dugan SE. Evaluation of the Current Attitudes of Pharmacy and Medicine Students and Preceptors Towards the Opioid Epidemic. College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacist Annual Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT. April 2019.
- Moorman JMM, Boyle J, Bruno L, Dugan SE, Everly L, Gustafson K, Hartzler C, Homan N, Joshi D, King C, King K, King PK, Pesce A, Sadana P, Schneider 3rd H, Toth J, Unruh A, Walkerly A. Utilization of High-intensity Statins in patients at Risk for Cardiovascular Events: A National Cross-Sectional Study. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Global Conference on Clinical Pharmacy. Seattle, WA. October 2018.
- Moorman JMM, Boyle J, Bruno L, Dugan SE, Everly L, Gustafson K, Hartzler C, Homan N, Joshi D, King C, King K, King PK, Pesce A, Sadana P, Schneider H, Toth J, Unruh A, Walkerly A. Utilization of High-intensity Statins in patients at Risk for Cardiovascular Events: A National Cross-Sectional Study. Am J Ther. Oct 2020. Doi:10.1097/MJT.0000000000001274.
- Messamore E, Dugan SE. Informed Consent: A Policy Prescription for Communicating Benefit and Risk in State Medical Marijuana Programs. Scattergood Foundation: Think Bigger Do Good Policy Series. Summer 2020. https://www.scattergoodfoundation.org/publication-series-pdf/?series_id=21&post_id=4614&previous=1290.
- Stoddard-Dare P, DeBoth KK, Wendland M, Suder R, Niederriter J, Bowen R, Dugan SE, Tedor M. An Interprofessional Learning Opportunity Regarding Pain and the Opioid Epidemic. Advances in Social Work. 2020;20(2):216-235.
- Soric MM, Paxos C, Dugan SE, Fosnight SM, Turosky JZ, Sadana P, Emshoff JB, Everly L, Snyder BM, Mistry BK, Bhat S, Unruh AE Safi IM. Prevalence and Predictors of Benzodiazepine Monotherapy in Patients with Depression: A National Cross-Sectional Study. J Clin Psychiatry 2019;80(4):18m12588.