Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Assistant Dean, Student Success
- Assistant Dean of Student Success, Northeast Ohio Medical University, College of Pharmacy, 2019-Present.
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Northeast Ohio Medical University, College of Pharmacy, 2019-Present.
- Lead Coach, The Happy PharmD., 2020-Present.
- Chief Executive Officer, Synerji, LLC, 2019-Present
- Graduate Faculty Member, Northeast Ohio Medical University, College of Graduate Studies, 2017-Present.
- Career Coach, The Happy PharmD., 2018-2020.
- PGY1 Residency Program Director, Northeast Ohio Medical University/AxessPointe, Community Pharmacy PGY1 Residency Program, 2019-2020.
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, 2018-2019.
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
Personal/Professional Development and Pharmacy Education.
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management, University of Findlay, 2016.
- PGY2 Internal Medicine/Academia Residency, University Hospitals, Geauga Medical Center, 2013.
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University Hospitals, Geauga Medical Center, 2013.
- Master of Science in Pharmacology, The Ohio State University, 2008.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2007.
Academic & Professional Activities
- Get the Medications Right (GTMRx) Institute. 2019 – Present.
- Director at Large, Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners, American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP), 2019-2021.
- Communications Division, Ohio Society of Health System Pharmacists (OSHP), 2018-Present.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, NEOMED, 2012.
- Immediate Past President, Ohio Society of Health System Pharmacists (OSHP), 2018-2019.
- Chair, Strategic Plan, Bylaws and Resolutions Committee, Pharmacy Practice SIG, 2018-2019.
- Top Poster Award: Adult Medicine PRN, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), 2018.
- NEOMED Class of 2018 Most Influential Professor
- Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists (OSHP) Emerging Leader Award, 2017.
- NEOMED Class of 2017 Most Influential Professor
- Evlyn Gray Scott Award, Cleveland Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2016.
- Accelerate Northeast Ohio: Citizens Making Change Finalist, 2017.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Political Advocacy “Rising Star”, 2015.
- OSHP Resident of the Year, 2015.
- Master Teacher Guild, NEOMED, 2014.
- Outstanding Research Award Class of 2012, NEOMED.
- Boyle J, Cain J, English D, Soric M, Arendt D. The Final Missing Piece in the Well-Being Puzzle: What Leadership Can Do. Podium Presentation at the AACP Annual Conference. July, 2020.
- Boyle J. Pharmacotherapy Updates: New Oral Anticoagulants. Podium Presentation at the Ohio Association of Advanced Nurse Practitioners. Columbus, OH. October, 2019.
- Boyle JA. Implement Motivational Interviewing in One Minute. Pearl Presentation in the Ambulatory Care Pearls Session at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Summer Meeting. Boston, MA. June, 2019.
- Boyle J. Your Network = Your Net Worth. Presentation given at the Ohio Pharmacists Association New Practitioners Experience Meeting. Columbus, OH. February, 2019.
- Boyle J, Naples S. Comprehensive Pharmacy Care in a Community Hospital Setting. Podium Presentation given at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Anaheim, CA. December, 2018.
- Whitehair H, Boyle J. Demystifying Networking for Students: Why These Skills are More Important Than Ever. CPTL Pulses. 2020.
- Ferrell J, Boyle J. Cultivating Lifelong Professional Advocacy in Student Pharmacists. CPTL Pulses. 2020.
- Boyle J, Keller J. How Faculty Should Help Students Build and Use Their Online Presence. CPTL Pulses. 2020.
- Boyle JA, Bonenfant SE. The Fear of Being Found Out in Pharmacy: How Impostor Syndrome May Be Holding Us Back. CPTL Pulses 2019.
- Boyle JA, Ghamrawi RJ, MacKichan JJ. Chapter 6: Interpretation of Serum Drug Concentrations. In: Lee M. Basic Skills in Interpreting Laboratory Data. ASHP Publications. 2017.