Administrative Policy: Academic
COGS – Biomedical Sciences (BMS) Graduate Student Travel
Policy Number: 3349-AC-365
Effective Date: 11/2016
Responsible Department: College of Graduate Studies, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program Committee
Approval Authority: BMS Graduate Program Committee
Responsible Office: COGS
To establish a policy to allow the College of Graduate Studies and the Biomedical Sciences (BMS) Graduate Program at NEOMED to pay for its students travel and expenses when presenting research at conferences and meetings.
This policy applies to students in the BMS Graduate Program at NEOMED who have matriculated into the doctoral program and are the first author of his/her research to be presented at conferences and meetings.
C. Policy Statement
- Graduate students enrolled in the BMS Graduate Program who have matriculated into the doctoral program at NEOMED are eligible to receive travel reimbursement when they are the first presenter of their research at a conference or meeting of a scientific
- Qualifying students are eligible to receive a maximum of $1,500.00 for travel each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). Students can receive a maximum of $500.00 from the College of Graduate Studies and a maximum $1,000.00 from the BMS Graduate Program at NEOMED.
- Students must submit an abstract of their research to the College of Graduate Studies office prior to attending the conference or meeting.
- Students must submit receipts as applicable to the College of Graduate Studies office to receive reimbursement upon their Reimbursement for the following expenses will be made in accordance with the NEOMED Travel Policy in effect for Employees:
- Meals (or a copy of the program from the conference/meeting indicating no meals were provided to receive per diem meal reimbursements);
- Flight itinerary;
- Personal car mileage;
- Parking, taxi, tolls, rental car; or
- Registration fees
- The College of Graduate Studies office will prepare expense forms for student travel reimbursement through the college and the BMS Graduate Program.