Build your foundation for success
The Master in Foundations of Medicine gives you the tools you need for future success in the health professions.
The program blends aspects of the first-year curriculum of the College of Medicine with enhanced coursework and clinical experiences in biomedical imaging.
Coursework culminates in an anatomical experience with an emphasis on a pathological area of interest. Students conduct a detailed dissection of the selected region and present a comprehensive report of the specific pathology by integrating material learned throughout the year. Graduates are prepared for further professional study in health care fields, research positions or doctoral programs.
First step to being a successful doctor
NEOMED’s Master in Foundations in Medicine degree program enables student Cayman Pearsall to build research experience while getting a head start in medical school.
Early Deadline: May 1
Final Deadline: June 1
No prerequisite courses
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 and a BCPM GPA of at least 3.0.
- Candidates interested in professional school enrollment following potential MFM degree completion must submit appropriate test scores related to professional school admission process (e.g. MCAT)
- Up-to-date licensure, in the case of practicing professionals
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) containing contact information, education, employment, scholarly activities, and licensure (if applicable).
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to pursue the Master in Foundations of Medicine program and how this program of study would further your professional goals (1,500 words maximum)
- Official transcripts from all institutions where you have been enrolled (includes both undergraduate and graduate courses).
- A minimum of one (1) recommendation/evaluation (must be submitted through the application system).
See the courses that comprise the 30 credit hours required to earn the degree.
You can apply today using the GradCAS Application.
We are happy to help. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.