- Associate Professor of Integrative Medical Sciences
- 1999–2002 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr.F.Brad Hillartner, Professor, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biochemistry, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- 2002–2006 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr. Shaun Coughlin, Professor and Director, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco. San Francisco, CA.
- 2007–2008 Assistant Researcher, Dr. Stephen Young’s group, Dept. of Medicine/Cardiology, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
- 2009–June, 2014 Assistant Professor- Research, Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED).
- 2011–present Graduate faculty of Kent State University and NEOMED.
- July 2014– June 2015 Associate Professor- Research, Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, NEOMED
- July 2015 Associate Professor (tenure track), Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, NEOMED
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
Current research support:
- NIH/NHLBI R01 Mechanisms of Impaired Coronary Collateral Growth Yin (PI)
- NIH/NHLBI R01 What mechanisms underlie coronary collateral growth? Chilian/Yin (MPIs)
- NIH/NHLBI R01 Regulation of Lipid and Lipoprotein Metabolism by Nuclear Receptors Zhang/Yin (MPIs)
- 1990 M.D. Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- 1993 M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- 1998 Ph.D. Molecular Cardiology, Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- Cell Signaling. BMS 60295 for graduate students
- Molecules to Cells (Biological Chemistry) for medical students
- Physiology Based Medicine (PBM) for medical students
- DNA Cloning and Genetic Engineering. BMS 70251 for graduate students
- Clinical Epilogue and Capstone for medical students