- Associate Professor of Integrative Medical Sciences
- 1999–2002 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr.F.Brad Hillartner, Professor, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biochemistry, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- 2002–2006 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr. Shaun Coughlin, Professor and Director, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco. San Francisco, CA.
- 2007–2008 Assistant Researcher, Dr. Stephen Young’s group, Dept. of Medicine/Cardiology, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
- 2009–June, 2014 Assistant Professor- Research, Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED).
- 2011–present Graduate faculty of Kent State University and NEOMED.
- July 2014– June 2015 Associate Professor- Research, Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, NEOMED
- July 2015 Associate Professor (tenure track), Dept. of Integrative Medical Science, NEOMED
Area of Expertise/Research Interests
The PI has a broad background and interest in cardiovascular research. During her training, she studied the mechanism of nutritional and hormonal regulation of lipid metabolism and GPCR signaling in cardiovascular development. At UCLA, she worked on the roles of GPIHBP1 in lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis. At NEOMED, she has been working on lipid metabolism, atherosclerosis, regulation of coronary circulation, coronary collateral growth and stem cells in cardiovascular regeneration.
- 1990 M.D. Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- 1993 M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- 1998 Ph.D. Molecular Cardiology, Wuhan University, School of Medicine, China
- Cell Signaling. BMS 60295 for graduate students
- Molecules to Cells (Biological Chemistry) for medical students
- Physiology Based Medicine (PBM) for medical students
- DNA Cloning and Genetic Engineering. BMS 70251 for graduate students
- Clinical Epilogue and Capstone for medical students