Improve Community Health
The Master of Public Health program at NEOMED is a nontraditional program geared toward the working professional who would like to broaden their role in improving community health, enhance current job skills, or seek career advancement.
Who Should Apply?
This program provides graduates with a foundation of public health skills and knowledge, including analytic skills, research strategies, community assessment methods, program implementation, evaluation and policy development within an ethical and culturally sensitive perspective.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that each Master of Public Health applicant:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited college or university
- Have a 2.75 undergraduate GPA or 3.00 graduate GPA
- Have an acceptable GRE score
- Successful completion of college level math/statistics and social/natural science course
Required Application Materials
Each Master of Public Health application should include:
- Completed online application
- $45 application fee (Students with international credentials must pay a total of $90)
- Official academic record from each institution of higher learning attended
- A cover letter (no more than two pages) explaining your educational history; professional history; area of interest in public health; interest and motivation for seeking a Master of Public Health degree; experience in public health or other activities related to public health; and professional or academic career plans upon completion of the program
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores taken within the last five years (may be exempt if you have a professional or academic master’s or doctoral degree)
- TOEFL scores taken within the last two years from graduates of institutions outside of the United States who are non-native English speakers
- Financial information worksheet from applicants who are non-immigrants of the U.S.