Become a Pharmacist
Pharmacy School Admissions at NEOMED
Northeast Ohio Medical University provides multiple pathways for students interested in becoming a pharmacist. Future pharmacists can apply for admission to NEOMED after completing just 72 hours of prerequisite coursework as an undergrad, or secure a seat in pharmacy school as a high school student or as a sophomore in college.
Which path to becoming a pharmacist is the right fit for you?
NEOMED encourages applications from candidates who:
- Are within one calendar year of completing the pre-professional requirements for admission and preparing for the PCAT , OR
- Have completed prerequisite coursework at Cleveland State University, Kent State University, The University of Akron or Youngstown State University, OR
- At one of Ohio’s NOCHE partner universities, OR
- At a regionally accredited institution across Ohio or nationwide
Students graduating from this program will have:
- A strong interprofessional education to provide a team-oriented approach to patient care.
- An understanding of and experience with the diverse patients to whom they will administer care.
- Skills necessary to provide patients with medication therapy management services.
- An opportunity to apply for and complete a pharmacy residency.
Who should apply?
Pharmacy school at NEOMED is designed for students with an interest in advancing community health in Northeast Ohio and beyond. Our typical applications include those who are interested in:
- Becoming leaders in the emerging field of pharmacy as an integral part of the health care team
- Challenging themselves with interprofessional coursework and hands-on experiences designed to prepare them to excel as professionals
- Advancing community health in community pharmacy or clinical settings through NEOMED’s distinctive residency track
- Developing skills outside of the classroom at one of NEOMED’s hundreds of clinical practice sites throughout northeast Ohio
- Learning side-by-side in and out of the classroom with future physicians and researchers
- Changing the lives of the communities they serve, particularly medically underserved areas where they can make the greatest impact on patients’ lives
Information for Guidance Counselors & College Advisors
Guidance counselors and college advisors are welcome to create and access a personal information portal with NEOMED to learn more about our programs and campus events.
Questions? Please Contact:
Office of Enrollment Services
Toll Free: 800.6862511
Single-day expo designed to provide middle school students with education and hands-on training in health care professions The Northeast Ohio […]