Early Assurance as a High School Student
Secure a seat in pharmacy school as a high school student
Interested in becoming a pharmacist and want to secure your seat in pharmacy school? Apply to NEOMED during your senior year of high school. In doing so, you will have provisional admission to NEOMED’s College of Pharmacy upon completion of either the preprofessional pre-requisite courses or a baccalaureate degree.
NEOMED’s Early Assurance Program allows you the flexibility to determine when you are ready to begin study in our pharmacy program. You may either choose to elect one of the following:
A two-year program of study as an undergraduate student to complete your 72 semester hours of preprofessional pre-requisite courses for a total of 6 years to degree.
A three-year program of study as an undergraduate student to complete your 72 semester hours of preprofessional pre-requisite courses for a total of 7 years to degree.
A four-year program of study as an undergraduate student to complete your 72 semester hours of preprofessional pre-requisite courses as part of a four-year bachelor’s degree for a total of 8 years to degree.
Who Should Apply?
The Early Assurance to pharmacy school at NEOMED for high school students is designed for high school students who know they want to become a pharmacist and are considering wish to pursue a career in pharmacy. Successful candidates may benefit from reserving a seat in pharmacy school. Students yet to enroll at an undergraduate college or university are encouraged to apply. Our typical applicants include:
- Students who elected College Credit Plus coursework while in high school accelerating their time-to-goal
- Students who want flexibility as to when to start pharmacy school
- Students committed to becoming a pharmacist that seek a clear and easy-to-understand path to reaching that goal
Application Eligibility Guidelines
High School Early Assurance applicants should:
- Have an overall high school GPA (weighted or unweighted) of 3.2
- Have an ACT (best score) Composite of 26 or higher (or SAT equivalent)
- Have an ACT (best score) Math and Science sub-scores of 26 and above (or SAT Math equivalent)
Required Application Materials
Each undergraduate early assurance pharmacy applicants should:
- Complete the PharmDirect application using 7 semesters worth of secondary school grades
- Complete a successful candidate interview at NEOMED. Interviews are by invitation only.
Upon acceptance as a provisionally admitted student to the NEOMED Doctor of Pharmacy program, students will have a seat reserved for them as a first-year pharmacy student at NEOMED. These students will matriculate to NEOMED if all promotion requirements, subject to additional professional behavior guidelines, are met.
The College of Pharmacy requires that provisionally admitted students must:
- Follow all application procedures following provisional admission
- Continue to attend their undergraduate college or university and complete all required prerequisite coursework
- Maintain a minimum of a C grade or higher in all required prerequisite coursework, College Credit Plus and AP work may be used if determined acceptable by an undergraduate institution where credit is awarded.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2
- Have a Science GPA of at least 3.2
- Complete a mandatory co-curricular program of engagement with the NEOMED College of Pharmacy
- Take the PCAT (as of January 2017. Subject to revision.)
- February 1, 2017: Application deadline