Office of General Counsel
The mission of the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is to provide quality legal services and counsel to the University on all matters having legal significance to the management and operation of the College. The OGC is dedicated to:
- Supporting Northeast Ohio Medical University's mission and strategic plan and improving the University environment through its commitment to the ethical principles governing the professional practice of law and through collaboration, team work and courtesy;
- Ensuring the University community conducts its activities in accordance with applicable law and accreditation standards and in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the University;
- Protecting and preserving the legal, ethical and financial integrity and the reputation of the University by providing counsel toward sound decision-making in all areas of instruction, research and service;
- Serving an educational function by regularly advising senior management and other appropriate personnel in laws, rules and policies applicable to public institutions, with the goal of preventing or minimizing legal risks in the performance of the daily business of the University; and
- Maintaining a leadership role through active participation in state and national professional associations and continuing legal education programs.