A research cluster within the Heart and Blood Vessel Disease Research Focus Area, the Ischemic Heart Disease and Heart Failure cluster is comprised of three researchers.
- Ion channel signaling in physiology and in various channelopathies
- Mechanisms underlying regulation of blood flow to an organ system, e.g. coronary circulation
- Mechanisms underlying vascular growth (collateralogenesis, angiogenesis)
- Role of specific factors (lipid, non-lipid) in atherogenesis
- Molecular mechanisms that mediate cognitive dysfunction during aging in diabetes and models of vascular disease