In an Emergency
Pick up a blue-light emergency phone or call the University Police at 330.325.5911 or 9-1-1 (dial 9-911 if using a campus phone).
If you notice something unusual or something that causes you concern, call 330.325.5911 at any hour.
Non-emergency questions may be directed to NPD at 330.325.5911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Security Authorities (CSAs)
Who are CSAs?
- Officials with significant responsibility for student and campus activities
- A campus police or security department
- Individuals who have responsibility for campus security
- Individuals or offices designated to receive crime reports
Examples of CSAs
- Resident Assistants
- Residence Life Staff
- Greek Life Advisors
- Coaches and Athletic Directors
- Dean of Students
- Faculty Advisors to Student Groups
Who Are Not CSAs
- Faculty who do not have responsibilities outside of the classroom
- Campus physicians or nurses whose only responsibility is to provide care to students
- Pastoral or professional counselors acting in those specific roles
- If someone tells you about a crime or an incident that might be a crime, you must report it to your institution’s designated office or an official responsible for collecting Clery report information.
- Share the information as related by the person.
- When in doubt, report.
- Tell the person who disclosed the crime to you that you must share the information.
- Help connect the person to available options and resources within the institution.
What Happens After a Report?
- Crime statistics
- Support and resources
- Ongoing communications
CSA Training Video
- Learn More
Diving into student organizations is one way that second-year College of Medicine Nikhil Nadler channels his boundless energy into opportunities […]