In an Emergency
Pick up a blue-light emergency phone or call the University Police at 330.325.5911 or 9-1-1 (dial 9-911 if using a campus phone).
If you notice something unusual or something that causes you concern, call 330.325.5911 at any hour.
Non-emergency questions may be directed to NPD at 330.325.5911 or email@example.com.
Crime Prevention & Safety Tips
Decrease your chances of becoming a victim of crime with these tips.
- Lock your office when it is unoccupied.
- Maintain serial numbers of equipment.
- Copy important papers and cards that are in your wallet or purse.
- Do not leave valuables unattended (in offices, study rooms, etc.)
Personal Safety Away From Home
- Keep windows and door locked.
- Use the peephole before opening the door.
- Do not leave a spare key outside.
- Use only initials on mailboxes and in telephone directories.
- Make sure the exterior of your home is well lit.
Personal Safety in Your Car
- Check the back seat before entering a car.
- Never give strangers a ride.
- Always keep your card doors locked.
- Keep your vehicle properly maintained and have at least a quarter-tank of gas.
- Always have a good spare tire and a jack.
- Put valuables in the trunk, not on the seats.
- If you break down, do not accept a ride with a stranger.
- If you feel that you’re being followed, drive toward a well-lit area, preferably a police station.
Personal Safety at Home
- Carry your keys in hand so you’re ready to enter your car or building.
- Walk, exercise, and park in well-lit areas.
- Be aware of your surroundings and people around you.
- Avoid ATMs in secluded or dark locations.
- Avoid working or studying after hours in public areas.