In an Emergency
Pick up a blue-light emergency phone or call the University Police at 330-325-5911 or 9-1-1 (dial 9-911 if using a campus phone).
If you notice something unusual or something that causes you concern, call 330.325.5911 at any hour.
Non-emergency questions may be directed to NPD at 330-325-5911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Security Authorities (CSAs)
NEOMED has designated certain individuals at the University as campus security authorities. A campus security authority is an official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline and campus judicial proceedings. The function of a campus security authority is to report allegations of Clery Act crimes to the NEOMED Police Department.
Who are CSAs?
- Officials with significant responsibility for student and campus activities
- A campus police or security department
- Individuals who have responsibility for campus security
- Individuals or offices designated to receive crime reports
Examples of CSAs
- Resident Assistants
- Residence Life Staff
- Greek Life Advisors
- Coaches and Athletic Directors
- Dean of Students
- Faculty Advisors to Student Groups
Who Are Not CSAs
- Faculty who do not have responsibilities outside of the classroom
- Campus physicians or nurses whose only responsibility is to provide care to students
- Pastoral or professional counselors acting in those specific roles
- If someone tells you about a crime or an incident that might be a crime, you must report it to your institution’s designated office or an official responsible for collecting Clery report information.
- Share the information as related by the person.
- When in doubt, report.
- Tell the person who disclosed the crime to you that you must share the information.
- Help connect the person to available options and resources within the institution.
CSA Training Video
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader