05/28/20Categories: Faculty Pride, Research Pride
There were a lot of accomplishments from March to May in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences! The notable list includes:
Christine Crish, Ph.D.
- Katie A Bretland; Li Lin; Kimberly M Bretland; Matthew A Smith; Christine M. Dengler-Crish*. Irisin attenuates tau hyperphosphorylation and neuroinflammation in female htau mice. Submitted to Neurobiology of Aging
altaf darvesh, Ph.D.
- Darvesh AS, Barnett RE, Fitsanakis VA. Chapter 28: Caenorhabditis elegans: An Elegant Model Organism for Evaluating the Neuroprotective and Neurotherapeutic Potential of Nutraceuticals. In: Nutraceuticals: Efficacy, Safety and Toxicity, 2nd edition, Eds: Gupta RC, Lall R, Srivastava A, Elsevier, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 2020, in press.
Sheila Fleming, Ph.D.
- Mittal N, Fleming SM, Martinez A, Thakore N, Bell RL, Maddox WT, Schallert T, Duvauchelle CL (2020). Sex differences in cognitive performance and alcohol consumption in High Alcohol-Drinking (HAD-1) rats. Behavioural Brain Research, 381:112456.
- Singhal NK, Sternbach S, Fleming S, Alkhayer K, Shelestak J, Popescu D, Weaver A, Clements R, Wasek B, Bottiglieri T, Freeman EJ, McDonough J (2020).Betaine restores epigenetic control and supports neuronal mitochondria in the cuprizone mouse model of multiple sclerosis. Epigenetics. 9:1-16.
Takhar Kasumov, Ph.D.
- Grant#: 481-A, Source of Funds: CWRU/NIH, Period: 1/15/20 – 12/31/2022
Title: “Proteomic Analysis of Paxillin and ERK nitration.”
Total Award: $30,000
- Grant#: 3U24DK097771-07S1, Source of Funds: NIH, Period: 01/ 01/2020-12/31/2020
Title: Mitochondrial Acetylome Dynamics in NAFLD Assessed with Heavy Water-Based Metabolic Labeling.
Total Award: $75,000
- REDIzone Award – a new award to support the project titled “Serum levels of glycated ApoAI, a novel biomarker to screen for pre-diabetes and diabetes and their cardiovascular complications” for the period of May 8, 2020 to November 7, 2020.
Total award: $10,000
- Kheniser K. G., Osme A., Ilchenko S., Kim C., Kasumov T and Kashyap S. R. Temporal Dynamics of High-Density Lipoprotein Proteome in Diet-Controlled Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes, Biomolecules, 2020, 10(4). pii: E520. PMID: 32235466
Erin Reed-Geaghan, Ph.D.
- Manuscript submitted:
B.T. Casali, K.P. MacPherson, E.G. Reed-Geaghan, G.E. Landreth. Microglial depletion rapidly and reversibly alters amyloid pathology by modification of plaque compaction and morphologies. Neurobiology of Disease: under revision.
- Manuscript published:
E.G. Reed-Geaghan, G.E. Landreth. Plaque-associated myeloid cells derive exclusively from resident microglia in Alzheimer’s disease. J Exp Med 217: e20191374 (2020).